The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) commemorated schizophrenia to raise awareness and reduce stigma around mental illness. Lift the lid on the challenges thousands of people with schizophrenia from around the world face on a daily basis.
The DEPwD under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the Government of India is the nodal body dealing with all the development agenda of people with disabilities in the country. With the vision of creating awareness of schizophrenia among the masses, the Department has observed World Schizophrenia Day, through its associated institutions has conducted various events in more than 30 places across India.
The following activities have been organized across the country to observe World Schizophrenia Day:-
- Outreach and awareness sessions
- Special audio-visual and radio program and expert roundtables, street games, poster design competitions and quizzes.
- Webinar on Early Intervention in Schizophrenia: A Psychologist and Psychiatrist’s Perspective
- TLM distribution to children with ID.
- Short-term training program on “Early symptoms of schizophrenia and its management”
- Exhibition of vocational counters through which products made by people with Schizophrenia are displayed,
- A mindfulness skit about schizophrenia
- Medical field.Source link