All the hypervisors come with some data protection functions. For VMware, you can copy VM files, clone VM, and export and import virtual machines. However, all these methods need to be performed manually each time and are therefore not suitable for regular backup or batch operation (especially in enterprise).
VMware backup software is a simple, fast, and scalable virtual machine backup solution. A reliable VMware backup solution must provide flexibility and power to give you confidence in your backup strategy. You need to be able to store data to different location, to restore from different points in time and minimize downtime.
Why Choose AOMEI for VMware Backup Solution
AOMEI Technology is devoted to the data insurance field more than 12 years and for offer data protection on different platforms, including PC, smart phone, and servers, etc. AOMEI Cyber Backup software provides high-speed backup and recovery of VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and Linux environments. With AOMEI VM backup solution, you can dramatically shrink backup storage costs, while minimizing the effort and complexity of backing up your data.
Most importantly, you need a solution you can rely on. AOMEI Cyber Backup meets this need as it:
- Ease of use — User-friendly UI design, intuitive guide, and simple operations make your virtual environment management more convenient, effective and productive.
- Secure & Reliable — AOMEI Cyber Backup provides a centralized console which enables you to easily manage backups and fast restores, with error logs you can monitor the backup status, and significantly ensure data security.
- Automation & Space-saving — Allows you to drag and drop VMs into a schedule and retention policy.
- Supports multiple platforms — You are able to create flexible backup strategies of VMware, Hyper-V or Linux.
AOMEI Cyber Backup Benefits
With AOMEI Cyber Backup, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Agentless VM Backup: create complete and independent image-level backup for VMware ESXi or Hyper-V VMs.
- Perpetual free: no time limit for AOMEI Cyber Backup Free Edition.
- Multiple Storage Destinations: Easily backup to local or network destinations like a shared folder or NAS.
- Flexible Backup Schedule: you can specify to perform full/differential/incremental backup on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for automatic execution.
- Storage-saving Backup Cleanup: With upgraded edition you can configure a retention policy to auto delete old backup files and save storage space.
- Restore from Any Point: Restore immediately available VMs from any restore point.
- Role Assignment: allows one administrator to create sub-accounts with limited privileges.
AOMEI Cyber Backup supports VMware ESXi 6.0 and later versions and Hyper-V backup in Windows 8/8.1/10/11, Windows Server/Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and later versions.
How to Backup VMware Virtual Machines for Free
To get started, you need to bind your VMware ESXi device to AOMEI Cyber Backup first, then create and manage VM backups from the central console without installing an agent on each VM.
An at-a-glance dashboard allows you to quickly perform everyday tasks like reporting, backup and recovery with a few clicks.
Here I’ll introduce its basic operation to backup multiple VMware ESXi virtual machines securely.
☞ Schedule Backup Task: You are able to select multiple virtual machines in a backup task and schedule it with flexible backup strategies.
☞ Restore VM instantly: Choose the restored VM and target. If the original VM corrupts, you can restore the entire VM to the previous state including OS, configuration, application, personal data and system state, which doesn’t require any complicated configuration and reinstallation.
AOMEI Cyber Backup Trial version also offers more advanced features such as Cleanup, Restore to new location, etc.
For enterprise backup solution, a reliable VMware backup tool safeguards your virtual environment and keep business continuity. AOMEI Cyber Backup offers complete image-based backup to automate multiple virtual machine protection while running, and it allows you to perform fast disaster recovery, which reduces business downtime and financial loss.Tags: AOMEI Cyber Backup